My oh my what a busy and stressful week this has been!
- Did you push hard this week?
Well, it didn’t start off that way this week, but I certainly kicked it in the behind and finished the week amazingly strong.
- How about your buddy? Did you stay connected?
Both of my buddies have had busy weeks. One injured herself (boo!) and the other has been working towards her goals but has been struggle some like me.
- How have you improved since day one?
I think I’ve become really aware of what I do in a day and how something negative or positive impacts how I view a day.
- Any outstanding stories or news to share?
Well I had a REALLY bad 10K race last Saturday that put me into a funk I’ve never really seen before. Completely destroyed all the confidence I had built since starting half marathon training and I ditched two of my runs because of it. But I came back strong on the other side through my followers on tumblr. They really helped me push past everything and realize that it was just one run, one race, and that I can move past it all (THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!). I had such a great race season last year that I was bound to have a bad race, but realizing it and experiencing it are just two completely different things. I built upon what everyone told me and just pushed forward and killed my 9 mile half marathon training run yesterday.
- How did you do life?
Ran 9 miles on Saturday, spent the bulk of the week working on my comprehensive exam for my M.A. degree. Not a really super busy week of “doing life” but school comes first and it IS technically part of doing life.
Week Challenge stuff:
1. Focus on your excuses again. Write down and defeat them.
Just don’t feel like it’s something important to get done now so I push it off.
2. Commit to exercising all seven days even if it’s just active recovery.
Committed. I tend to do a 10 minute stretch routine daily, so I’m going to stick in some other workouts with it.
3. Get outside the box. One day, do an exercise routine you’ve NEVER done.
Bam! Got some kettle workout stuff weeks ago and haven’t done it. Plus have 3 workout videos I’ve never done. <—did a kettle workout and did a workout I haven’t done in about a year
4. Intermediate-Advanced: Do your scheduled routine, but add a workout from your partner.
a.) PARTNERS GIVE ME A ROUTINE! ;-) <—partners were MIA for this challenge…so can’t do much there
4 Things Monday
4 Things Tuesday
4 Things Wednesday
4 Things Thursday
4 Things Friday
4 Things Saturday
4 Things Sunday:
1. Got to have a one on one tutor session at religious school since only one kid showed up. Really got a lot done and felt great about being able to give the kid individual attention.
2. Comps comps COMPS. Revisions and reviews in progress. Success in getting 8 pages written by Sunday afternoon!
3. Nice mile walk and 15 minute stretches this morning after an intense workout day yesterday—body doesn’t feel as sore as it did this time last week.
4. Managed to get my Do Life Challenge done and submitted before dinner. (huge accomplishment considering I tend to not have enough time Sunday to recap the challenge)
Total Miles for the week: 24 miles
Total Minutes worked out for the week: 593 / 180 minutes
Total Jumping Jacks for the week: 200 / 180