This week is insanely busy as it is the last full week that I’m in town between now and the end of August (ugh, really? Totally just realized this after looking at the calendar). Needless to say a lot of things are going on and I need to get everything done!
- GYM GYM GYM. Oh glorious gym.
- 2 hours of contract work
-clean/reorganize thesis notes from previous 2 chapters
- 3 job applications (goal is to get 2 finalized and 1 a rough draft)
How’d I do?
- Treadmill — 1.06 miles @ 13 minutes (I wanted to go longer, but there was an electrical storm out and gym policy is switch to under 3.0 mph on treadmills because of the possibility of sudden stops.)
- Cross Ramp Elliptical — 0.65 miles @ 10 minutes (This was HARD as my legs really hurt, next time I’ll go for elliptical first but it wasn’t open)
- Stationary Bike — 4.50 miles @ 20 minutes
- Rowing Machine — 0.43 miles @ 4 minutes
- Stair Climber — 0.72 miles @ 15 minutes
^~^ I think I would say I killed it at the gym. You agree? (Oh! And American men’s beach volleyball was on NBC Sports. An alumni from my school is part of one of the US beach volleyball teams and I was hoping that he was playing. Turned out he wasn’t, but still it was interesting enough to keep me occupied. Note: It’s tomorrow, 4-5 P.M. Going to make sure to be at the gym then!)
- contract work — got in an hour, going to have another later
- still working on organizing thesis chapter notes, but what I wanted to do today I did so this is a total win
- only got 1 job application done. No biggie, tomorrow there will be time for more
SOA total count for workouts (did this when I got up this morning):
bicycle crunches — 40 in 30 seconds
jumping jacks — 50 in 1 minute
push-ups — 20 in 45 seconds
burpees — cranked out 10 of them (no time)
I feel better today than I did yesterday when I made my to do lists for the week. It’s insanely bonkers how much I have to do in a short period but I am determined to get it done and not waste my time on anything this week.
Also, goal for the gym today was not what I did. Elliptical machine was taken so I went for the standby with the treadmill. Next time I think I’ll jump to the bike or rower instead of treadmill because I have a feeling my legs were slightly worn out from running when I got on the elliptical. I want fresh legs just to gauge how the elliptical and my body work together.