It’s Friday, it’s Friday, it’s Friday! Gotta get down on Friday!
It’s a sales tax free weekend down here in Florida, alongside tons of awesome awesome sales.
I texted Kal in the dressing room of Kohl’s this beaut of a message: “Woo! Size 14 capris for $8. Suckers are mine :)”. And then I proceeded to dance around in the Kohl’s dressing room to Maroon 5’s “Payphone” in these awesome size 14 capris (note: I’ve been stuck in 16 for forever and since I rarely actually wear pants nowadays due to working out or either at home in lounging clothes, I needed a pair of pants that fit…and apparently 14 seems to now be the size my body is sticking to instead of 16).
The loot: From Target — 1 MEDIUM running skirt (a tad too small, but I’ll get there!), 1 X-LARGE shirt (OMG guys, with Target’s skewed sizes I’ve only ever fit in 2X or larger…this is awesome news!)…..From Kohl’s — new bra (same size as before, old one just was worn down), 2 SIZE 14 capris (one jean, one tan), 1 LARGE shirt, 1 MEDIUM running shorts, 1 MEDIUM running skirt (I was dancing around in this with the large shirt right after trying on the capris). And at Kohl’s? I saved $148 dollars, spent only $24 (technically $49 but I had a $25 gift card). How awesome are those savings?
Anyway…ya’ll are probably wondering what in the world today’s SOA goals were and if I accomplished them —-
- go clothes shopping
- contract work 4 hours
- put away laundry & pack for 2 trips
- clean bathroom
How’d I do?
- Clothes you already know about. It was awesome, beyond awesome, to fit into everything comfortably and grab the right sizes off the racks.
- Did 4 hours of work and then some. Things are starting to run real smoothly
- Laundry is away, 2 trips are packed for (missing items from both bags are on lists to pack) — also, how is it that 1/3 of my bag for my vacation is running clothes/Vibrams? Oh, and I was again made fun of for my lists and the fact that I’m packing for a trip happening in 1.5 weeks. Well, sorry honey, but that’s just how I roll. 8-)
- bathroom is cleaned
- SOA Fitness Challenge: bicycle crunches — 50 in 30 seconds; jumping jacks — 60 in 1 minute; push-ups — 15 in 45 seconds; burpees — 5 of ‘em before the body ached
Today in a nutshell: Awesome, amazing, finishing off a great week of terrific things. Positive levels in check. There are still things in life that I need (job, scale to reflect work output), but there are other things in life right now that are making it so great to be alive. And to those things, I am happy. Super happy, that at least aspects of my life are falling into place. A friend used to tell me that things happen at the right time for the right reason, they can’t be forced, but they just happen. And I hated waiting for things to happen. But that’s how I’m looking at jobs now, something will come and it’ll be for the right reason. I just have to be patient. I need to remind myself of this and look at other things in my life and how they’ve just fallen into place. Right place, right time, right reason.