For those more recent followers, or those that don’t recall, I announced at the beginning of June about my 24 for 24 challenge — 24 things I want to do before my 24th birthday in August. I never really announced how I’d go about marking down what I accomplished and haven’t accomplished, so I’m just going to do a one month update.
Here’s the update:
As the title says, 24 things to do before I turn 24 in August
1. Run a 5K in under 45 minutes.
2. Lose 20 pounds (not holding my breath on this one, but if I hit 21X I’ll be just as happy as long as I’m out of the 220s).
3. Do 30 Day Shred for 30 days.
Find a new recipe to make. (Chewy Banana Bars 6/14/2011)
5. Bike 3 miles (on the roads—not stationary).
6. Try out the elliptical machine for at least some cross training workouts.
7. Discover a new workout video after 30 Day Shred.
8. Join the YMCA and swim 3 times a week.
9. Spend money wisely. (working on it, don’t know if my VFFs purchase count under this or not, haha)
Pick back up playing the piano. (been fiddling around with it a bit everytime I’m home)
Be adventurous, don’t stick to the same running routes. (definitely been switching it up at home and at school)
Reach 60 followers (36 as of 5/28/2011) **(50 as of 6/4/2011) 64 as of 6/15/2011; 96 as of 7/1/2011 (guys I’d be amazed to hit 120 by my birthday at this rate—DOUBLE what I wanted before)
13. Clean out clothes closet (most likely won’t happen until right before birthday)
14. Stop making excuses.
15. Have a fitblr item giveaway <—more to come on that at the end of July/beginning of August
Stop living by the scale—get rid of daily weigh in “check-ups” (by golly George I think I finally got it!)
17. Get my webpage up and running <—it’s been a goal for 4 years now and I touched it the most when I first created this tumblr but I’m ready to switch to a more permanent webpage.
18. Start work on a major crotchet project for my friend.
19. Read 6 books that are not assigned or used for class assignments.
20. Work on a database/document for all recipes that I use/have/want to try (and divide it out as such) (halfway accomplished, won’t be finished up August when I have more time)
Use my foot spa more often (yup, each time I’ve been home!)
22. Organize books, music, and dvd’s (I’m moving back home so 6 years of having a second room is being crammed into my childhood room, so it’s going to get messy)
23. Make goals for the next year (this is a sketchy one because I have no clue where I’ll be for the next year—academic, professional, living)
24. Accept that who I am becoming is who I want to be.
A lot of these are things I have as on-going accomplishments, but I’d say at least 10 of these are things I’ll be doing at the beginning of August because of time constraints and the fact that they are at home and not at school things to do.