- I will go to the gym and run 1-2 miles at race pace.
- I will not sleep in past 9.
- I will not raid the fridge between breakfast and lunch.
- I will get all my SOA posts for the day queued up instead of posting directly.
How’d I do?
- RWRunStreak Day 36 (Day 8) — 1.56 miles @ 20:01 minutes (12:49 pace ya’ll!)
- Stationary bike, level 3 fat burner course — 7.34 miles @ 30 minutes
- Woke up at 8 and got out of bed by 8:30
- Ate breakfast at 9, lunch at 2, and no snacks whatsoever.
- First SOA post was queued up last night, got the recipe post queued up this morning before doing errands.
Magically today got entirely way too busy for me with some unexpected news (totally great, temporary, but still great!) and required a multitude of errands and things requiring me to leave the confines of the internet for the majority of the day. Same goes for tomorrow and probably the majority of the week.
I also pushed myself today while running and it felt great. I signed up for a free 5K for next Saturday and the most I’ve run distance in awhile is close to 2 miles. I’m not overly concerned about finishing (it’s only 3.1 miles…oh I’ve seriously become THAT person), but I would like to be able to knock a few minutes off of my 5K race pace if at all possible. Hence today’s main goal while running was at race pace speed — 12:30-12:45 minute/miles. I really knocked it out as the treadmill said 0.51 miles at 6:02 minutes, but the minute I slowed down right after it was just hard to pick back up the speed again. Although I have to say my 5:1 run/walk has really been helping me push through because it’s the fastest I’ve gone in awhile. My pace might not be speeding up by much, but I’m doing a lot more steady running than I am running fast until I’m out of breath and then walking. It makes for my run to be a bit more uplifting by seeing how much further I can push a steady run before telling myself to back off.
How’d ya’ll do today?